Monastery of Ptghni is situated in village Ptghni, Kotaiq Region, near city Abovyan. It has such ornaments that already were used on stone buildings in 6-7th centuries. Still remaining of an equal wing stone and ornaments of grape and pomegranate are seen on the walls. During excavations in 1964 it turned out that the church was composed of three parts- southern frontal part. It was renovated once in 1940. Unfortunately, today we can only see altar, edge of central cross and semi-destroyed dome of Ptghni Monastery.