Climbing Mount Aragats
Early morning departure from Yerevan.
Without any deviations from the route, in the morning we will take a brief stop near the East slope of Aragats and visit Armenian Alphabet monument, which consists of 39 letters of Armenian alphabet made of local stone – tufa, and statues of prominent Armenians. This monument was erected in 2005 to the 1600 anniversary of creation of the Armenian alphabet.
On a car we will reach Kari lake, located at an altitude of 3200 meters. This lake was formed by ice floes, and has a depth of about 9 meters. There are a meteorological and scientific research stations, equipped on the shore of the lake.
Afterwards we will climb the Southern peak of Aragats under the guidance of professional climber. It will take from 5 to 6 hours.
Picnic in the open air.
After climbing and conquering peaks Aragats, we go down and on the Southern slope of Aragats visit medieval Amberd Fortress. It dates back to the 10th century and is one of the fewest well preserved fortresses of that period. Near Amberd, almost upon a deep gorge, Vahramashen Church is located.
Arrival in Yerevan
Individual tour by request
|2-3 pax||4-6 pax||7-15 pax||16-25 pax||25 pax and more|
|AMD 35000||AMD 22000||AMD 14000||AMD 8500||AMD 5000|
Group tours with guaranteed departures
|12 August||AMD 15000|
|21 September||AMD 15000|
according to specified number of pax.
- All the transfers on a comfortable vehicle;
- English speaking mountain guide;
- Tour program, tour-map of Armenia,
- Drinking water in a vehicle,
- Around-the-clock phone support,
- Picnic during the tour. Optionally, one can order a lunchbox,
- List of required things: backpack, waterproof clothing, mountain shoes, KIT, Additional warm clothing, food – in order you did not order from the company,
- This tour is of medium difficulty and doesn't require any special physical preparation,
- The schedule and route of individual tours can be edited according to your wishes,
- Tour can be started from any place you prefer in Yerevan,
- The best season for this tour is the period from June to September,
- It is not recommended for persons under 15 years to take part in the tour,
- This publication is intellectual property of the company Barev Armenia tour operator. Full or partial copying of material entails a violation of copyright.