Caucasus Wildlife Refuge
During this tour professional and well trained foresters will provide you an exciting opportunity to visit Caucasus Wildlife Refuge. Among rare wildlife species occurring in the refuge are Caucasian lynx, Caucasian leopard, Bezoar goat, Armenian mouflon, Caucasian bear, Bearded vulture, Eurasian Griffon Vulture,Black Vulture and Golden Eagle. There will be a possibility to see one of the trap camera installed in the CWR and to check the recorded material of the wild life. The tour also includes visits to historical and cultural sites such as Gevorg Marzpetuni fortress, 11 century church and khachkars (cross-stones) etc.
Depart from Yerevan
Arrival at the CWR base point (Eco-Centre, horse stable, accommodation and kitchen facilities). Welcome, short introduction, film screening of the local wild life (coffee tea served)
Jeep Tour (Toyota Prado, Defender, Willis)
Saint Karapet church, built in the XIII-XIV centuries. The church is located in the high mountains. There are also interesting khachkars nearby.
Picnic in the amazing nature. Fruits and soft drinks will be provided on top of the mountain with a great view. (by order).
Animals and birds watching in the CWR.
Gevorg Marzpetuni castle which is a small fortified structure with a church within its compound. Old Arabian cemetery.
Dinner (with products made exclusively from local production) at the Eco-centre open air veranda or indoors kitchen area (by order).
Individual tour by request
|2-3 pax||4-6 pax||7-15 pax||16-25 pax||25 pax and more|
|AMD 45000||AMD 35000||AMD 25000||AMD 20000||AMD 10000|
The price includes:
• All the transfers according to the program;
• English speaking guide;
• 2 bottles of water;
The tour price does not include:
• Picnic during the tour;
• Upon request light lunch packages can be provided in the mountains for $13 per person.
• Each jeep can transport 3 to 4 people for $175.
• Dinner includes: rustic dinner prepared with rural inhabitants food produce includes BBQ (fish, pork, lamb), khashlama (stewed beef or lamb cooked with vegetables), local cheese, salads, soft drinks (visitors can bring their own alcohol drinks in limited quantities). Tea coffee served. Costs: 10.000 AMD per person
• We can organize also 2 full days hiking, jeeping, horse riding, biking tours in the Caucase Wildlife refuge if wished.
• Accommodation provided in the Eco-center or at the B&Bs in the nearest village Urtsadzor (10 minutes drive). If the weather permits, we can provide accommodation in the camps. Sleeping bags are also available at the Eco-centre premises.