Order a tour
Tsaghkadzor was first inhabited in the 3-5th cc. During early Middle Ages (4-5 cc), these lands belonged to the Varajhnuni dynasty, the governors of the Armenian king’s estates. In the 5th century the gorge was passed to the influential Kamsarakan dynasty.
Today Tsaghkadzor is considered to be an internationally recognized resort, where alpine skiing is especially developed. Tsaghkadzor is at the same height as Mexico. Taking into consideration the fact, on the eve of 1968 Olympic Games, USSR General Sport Complex was built exactly in Tsaghkadzor. National teams from different countries practice for various competitions and World championships here. As an alpine skiing resort Tsaghkadzor became known after the construction of the cable way.
Kecharis Monastic Complex (11-15 cc) with its St. Katoghike (15 c), St, Nshan (11 c), St. Gregory the Enlightener (1003) churches as well as St. Harutyun church (1228) 200 m of Kecharis complex are located in the city.